29th SGIFF: Masterclass | Carlos Reygadas
Described as the ‘one-man third wave of Mexican cinema’, filmmaker Carlos Reygadas is a leading voice in contemporary Mexican cinema. Known for his critically acclaimed works Japón, Silent Light and Battle in Heaven, his films channel the sensations, dreams and spiritual journeys of his characters, evoking such themes as love, suffering, death and the meaning of life. Discover Reygadas’s cinematic influences, aesthetic theories and hopes for the future of Mexican cinema.
Mexican auteur Carlos Reygadas’s films take a deep dive into expressionistic neo-realism. Reygadas made four short films in Belgium before filming the feature Japón (2002), which received a Special Mention for the Caméra d’Or prize at Cannes Film Festival. Reygadas’s success at Cannes has continued throughout his career, as he premiered Battle in Heaven (2005) in competition, won the Jury Prize for Silent Light (2007) and won Best Director for Post Tenebras Lux (2012).
Official Website: sgiff.com
- A fully refundable fee of $5 is charged for each ticket booking.
- At the event, simply present the e-ticket to the Front-of-House desk. The refund will be processed electronically via Peatix. Otherwise, the ticket will be forfeited.
- Registration closes 8 December, 9am. Any cancellations must be made before this cut-off date and time.
- Should the refund be done before the credit card cut-off date, no money will be deducted for ticket payment. In most cases, both the ticket payment and the refund appear separately on the credit card statement.
- Should the refund be done after the credit card cut-off date, Peatix will refund the amount the next month through a negative invoice.
- Peatix accepts VISA, Master, Paypal and AMEX.
Full line-up of off-screen events: sgiff2018.peatix.com
Enquiries: +65 6509 4749 / firstname.lastname@example.org
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM SGT
- The Salon, National Museum of Singapore
Free Seating (Refundable) SOLD OUT $5.00
- Venue Address
- 93 Stamford Rd, Singapore 178897 Singapore